I can’t believe how focused I am on Hajj.

Nothing matters but this. I can’t think about my past or my future. The only thing that matters is right here, right now.

I truly have no idea how or when but mum has hit her weight allowance just with presents bought for others.
My luaggage doesn’t even weigh a fraction of that. If this keeps up, I’m going to have to look into sending things by cargo.

I fancy an apple.

A third Palestinian who has had his money stolen. Wife and kid right behind. What are the odds?

I paid over £5 for a tin opener!

Can’t find Radox bath salts here and I’ve looked everywhere. I want to share them with others but mum is my priority.

Fell asleep on carpet outside masjid to be awoken by four hajjis from India old enough to be my great grandfathers. They wanted to know about England and I answer all their questions in return for their du’a that mine and mum’s hajj is made easy. I really really enjoyed our chat.

I feel like Uncle Albert as first time Hajjis ask me about my experiences. I have them spellbound with my heroic deeds and near death tales.

Late night munch with one of the Swansea lads and my regular partner in crime. Great laugh.

Scented wakes up feeling rough. Sore throat, fever and bunged up. Think today shall be a rest day.
Just going to go salah and back the hotel after.

Been mistaken for a Arab, a Turk and a South African so far. Scented is a man for all the people.

It’s scary how slow time goes here. It’s the complete opposite of normal life. Here you think you have done something last week when in fact it was yesterday.

The worry of mum on Hajj is the only thing that stops me from truly looking forward to the huge occasion.

I can’t make enough du’a that Allah makes it easy on us.
I ask Allah by anything I can think of that I have done for His Sake alone.

Has anyone else noticed the change in the air when you get to Bab Assalaam? It becomes so much cooler. It’s like you cross an invisible barrier.

And yet another Palestinian that has been robbed! He was smiling as he told us his sob story.

Overheard a very interesting conversation in my room.

Bloke 1: ‘Them trouser above the ankle lot (meaning Salafis) don’t even believe in du’a! They are a true fitnah on this Ummah like the Shia.
Bloke 2: But they are cleverer than us. Much more learned, seek more knowledge and they know the Quran and Sunnah.
Bloke 1: Oh yeah nobody saying they not more learned than us…

Had an excellent conversation with a Pathan who was telling me how Medina was ridden with disease and that when Allah’s Messenger (Peace be upon him) made hijrah the kuffar in Mecca rejoiced believing that he would fall ill and die but with him came all the blessing and goodness and its was transformed.
He explained it better and was a joy to listen to.

Mum finally went to pray in the Rawda. She was over the moon. Says it was amazing. She happy so I’m happy.

Shia scum have turned up. Scumy scum.
Good to see how much the guards hate them.

Decide to get myself checked out at the local medical centre. Very quick and very impressive.

Huge crickets here! Or are they locusts? Ruddy massive whatever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment